04 August 2006

Purple Hair

I no longer have purple hair. It's strange. I am entering this strange liminal state. I thought I'd been living in one already as a graduate student, but preparing to leave the States for a year is a little like preparing to get married, or die, or something similarly long term and grown-up. I've been having serious conversations with friends, and I've been giving my stuff away. I've been feeling more and more calm, and that's good. I'm going to stuff what I can into two suitcases, and my backpack, and that will be what I have to live out of for one year. In a way, I'm beginning to feel free, what ever that means. The idea of giving up stuff for a year is actually something I'm happy about. I didn't know that would be the case.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carousel said...

no more purple?!

did you go to caitlin? i'm headed there tomorrow.

don't want to think about you leaving but am excited for you nonetheless....

wait?! you're giving away stuff??? ha ha, just kidding. ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Miss Carousel said...

i saw caitlin--she's pretty rad! we figured out that we actually used to dance together, back in the day.

dinner soon?

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home