22 October 2006

Driving in Jordan; Follow Up


It's the last day of Ramadan, and I guess there needed to be a few thousand last-minute car accidents in Amman. I was sitting here watching a movie when I heard screeching tires and a big Smash sound. This was about an hour ago, and the tow-truck just arrived. I think the cops didn't show up. I understand that people just exchange cash at times like this. Taxi versus nice new-looking white car: taxi one; new car zero.

In other news, I received an e-mail this afternoon from a student I had last year. Perhaps you remember her from this blog. She left school because her parents are nuts, etc. I was really upset when she left. (There is more bad news with student these days than good, it seems. One killed in a car crash a month back, Dr. C told me one recently announced she'll have a baby in May, etc.) Well, she wants to come back, and asked for my help. She had a long dark few months there where she worked some major issues out with the folks, and realized that she's too smart to languish at a trade school. Good news!

I'm going out for my last Iftar this evening with my neighbors. V has left for Palestine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Weeping Sore said...

Your post sounds very biblical. One sheep that had strayed has returned to the metaphorical fold. Another has "left for Palestine". Sounds like you'll have plenty to rejoice at for Eid.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home